Youth and Open Show
Saturday, July 14, 2018
Show starts at 6:00 PM
Chairpersons: Sylvia Sexton (859-967-6251) & John Berryman (859-333-9413)
CATTLE SHOULD BE ON GROUNDS BY 5:00 PM
ALL ANIMALS MUST BE ENTERED BY 5:30 PM
AYRSHIRE, BROWN SWISS, GUERNSEY, HOLSTEIN, JERSEY, AND SHORTHORN
Competition open to all.
- All cattle must have official health papers. Animals who are sick should NOT be brought onto the fairgrounds.
- All cattle must be registered and registration papers must be produced for entries.
- Youth classes are open to Jessamine County residents only.
- Youth animals must be owned/co-owned by the youth.
- Youth must show their own animals (unless more than one animal in a class).
- Decisions made by judges and fair officials are final.
- Exhibitors must behave in a courteous and sportsmanlike manor at all times.
- Announcements day-of-show take precedence over printed materials.
- Abuse of any animal, anywhere on the fairgrounds, will not be tolerated.
OPEN SHOW PREMIUMS (Paid for classes D11 through D17 and D21 through D24)
1ST– $25.00 2ND– $20.00 3RD– $15.00 4TH– $10.00 5TH– $8.00
Classes D19 and D32 – Supreme premiums: $100 (one award per class to overall winner)
In addition to premiums above, sponsored prizes will be awarded to all class winners.
NOTE: All showmanship classes are open to all this year. Age breakdowns for the showmanship classes changed last year, see the next page for details.
YOUTH SHOW PREMIUMS (Paid for classes D11 through D17 and D21 through D24 to youth who are residents of Jessamine County only)
Youth premiums are paid in addition to open show premiums. Premiums paid on the Danish system. $500 total premiums allotted for the dairy show. Blue ribbons not to exceed $25.00.
CLASS LIST – YOUTH AND OPEN (please note that class numbers have changed)
D00 Showmanship (Novice – under 9 years old)
D01 Showmanship 1 (9- to 11-year-olds)
D02 Showmanship 2 (12- to 13-year-olds)
D03 Showmanship 3 (14- to 16-year-olds)
D04 Showmanship 4 (17-year-olds and up within youth eligibility)
D05 Showmanship 5 (Oldies/adults/open show exhibitors)
D11 Junior Heifer Calf
D12 Intermediate Heifer Calf
D13 Senior Heifer Calf
D14 Summer Yearling
D15 Junior Yearling
D16 Intermediate Yearling
D17 Senior Yearling
D18 Junior Champion
D19 Supreme Heifer
D21 2-year-old cow
D22 3-year-old cow
D23 4-year-old cow
D24 5-year-old cow and over
D25 Senior Champion
D31 Grand Champion
D32 Supreme Cow