Youth and Open Show
Saturday, July 16, 2022
Show starts at 6:00 PM
Chairperson: John Berryman (859-333-9413)
CATTLE SHOULD BE ON GROUNDS AND ENTERED BY 5:30 PMAYRSHIRE, BROWN SWISS, GUERNSEY, HOLSTEIN, JERSEY, AND SHORTHORN
Click HERE to download the official Show Rules & Information page
- Competition open to all.
- All cattle must have official health papers. Animals who are sick should NOT be brought onto the fairgrounds.
- All cattle must be registered and registration papers may be required for entries.
- Youth premium classes are open to Jessamine County residents only.
- Youth animals must be owned/co-owned by the youth.
- Youth must show their own animals (unless more than one animal in a class).
- Decisions made by judges and fair officials are final.
- Exhibitors must behave in a courteous and sportsmanlike manor at all times.
- Announcements day-of-show take precedence over printed materials.
- Abuse of any animal, anywhere on the fairgrounds, will not be tolerated.
OPEN SHOW PREMIUMS (Paid for classes D11 through D17 and D21 through D24)
1st– $25.00 2nd– $20.00 3rd– $15.00 4th– $10.00 5th– $8.00
Classes D19 and D32 – Supreme premiums: $100 (one award per class to overall winner)
Showmanship classes are now open to everyone.
YOUTH SHOW PREMIUMS (Paid for classes D11 through D17 and D21 through D24 to 4-H and FFA youth who are residents of Jessamine County only)
Youth premiums are paid in addition to open show premiums. Premiums paid on the Danish system. $500 total premiums allotted for the dairy show. Blue ribbons will not to exceed $25.00.
There are no Supreme premiums for the youth show.
CLASS LIST – YOUTH AND OPEN
D00 Showmanship (Novice – under 9 years old)
D01 Showmanship 1 (9- to 11-year-olds)
D02 Showmanship 2 (12- to 13-year-olds)
D03 Showmanship 3 (14- to 16-year-olds)
D04 Showmanship 4 (17-year-olds and up within youth eligibility)
D05 Showmanship 5 (Oldies/adults/open show exhibitors)
D11 Junior Heifer Calf
D12 Intermediate Heifer Calf
D13 Senior Heifer Calf
D14 Summer Yearling
D15 Junior Yearling
D16 Intermediate Yearling
D17 Senior Yearling
D18 Junior Champion
D19 Supreme Heifer
D21 2-year-old cow
D22 3-year-old cow
D23 4-year-old cow
D24 5-year-old cow and over
D25 Senior Champion
D31 Grand Champion
D32 Supreme Cow
The following statement, in compliance with Kentucky Revised Statues 247.401 et seq., limits the liability of the Jessamine County Fair Association, Inc. and our livestock exhibitors. Your participation at the fair is an acknowledgement that you have been advised of this risk through the following statement. You will also find this notice conspicuously posted in the livestock areas of the fairgrounds.
Under Kentucky law, a farm animal activity sponsor, farm animal professional, or other person does not have the duty to eliminate all risks of injury of participation in farm animal activities. There are inherent risks of injury that you voluntarily accept if you participate in farm animal activities.